COLINGTON HARBOUR YACHT & RACQUET CLUB NEWS
2017 has been a wonderful year:
- We had 428 paid members,
- Held a number of well-attended Family Nights,
- Purchased new round tables and tablecloths for the dining room,
- Had record crowds for our water aerobics classes,
- Pool use went smoothly with our valuable lifeguards and monitors.
- In December, we had our annual Tree-Trimming, and a delicious Christmas Dinner that was attended by 45 members. A great time was had by all! Santa even showed up to draw the door prize!
CHY&RC will be celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2018!
We plan to hold festivities at the annual Memorial Day Picnic for members: barbequed pork, hot dogs, and “all the fixins” will be provided. Members are asked to bring a covered dish or dessert to share. We will have a DJ, cornhole games, children’s activities (face painting, etc.) and CHRY&RC shirts will be for sale. Volunteers are needed for the children’s activities. More information to follow in future newsletters.
The pool will be open to members on Memorial Day.
New members can sign up at the pool.
As usual, welcome back letters will be sent out in April to current members.
CHY&RC Future Events:
January 27 – Pizza Social
February 5 – Super Bowl Party .
We are also celebrating an 8-year extension on our lease, with a 10-year option to re-new. We thank the
CHA for this positive affirmation of the good will we share as a community.